Development of Web Applications and Web Services ( 2013 Spring )
- Organisation: ÅAU / Dept. of Information Technologies
- Credit Points: 5
- Schedule: Period 3
Development of Web Applications and Web Services is an advanced course in software engineering where we will study different principles, protocols and techniques required to build web applications and web services in practice using W3C standard recommendations.
Upon completion of this course, students will have the ability to:
- Understand and generate valid HTTP requests for the HTTP GET, POST, PUT and DELETE methods
- Apply mechanisms to develop stateful web application using the HTTP protocol
- Apply authentication and authorization mechanisms in the development of web applications and web services
- Develop a multiuser web application using a model-view-controller web framework and a relational database for persistence
- Develop a RESTful web service
Target group: Computer Engineering: advanced course in Software Engineering
Computer Science: advanced course
Description of other previous knowledge: Familiarity with programming and databases and the basics of computer networks
Literature: Shklar, Leon & Richard Rosen. Web Application Architecture: Principles, Protocols and Practices.
Henderson, Cal. Building Scalable Web Sites: Building, scaling, and optimizing the next generation of web applications.
Modes of study: lectures, homework, exam.